Air Conditioning Repair in Broken Arrow, OK
The quickest way to ruin a hot summer afternoon is for your air conditioner to go out! If your air conditioner quits and you need service now, Mullin Plumbing, HVAC, Septic & Electric has you covered.
AC Repair in Tulsa County
As your local HVAC specialist we have seen every kind of AC problem you can think of. Some of the most common reasons people call us are:
- Air conditioner won’t come on.
- Air conditioner is making strange noises or loud vibrations when it is running.
- Air conditioner is blowing warm air.
- The system comes on, but no air comes out.
- The fan runs, but the air isn’t cooled.
- Water is dripping from or pooling around the unit.
If your air conditioning unit needs immediate service, call (539) 766-8166 for our emergency AC repair services.
Why Is My Air Conditioning Not Working?
It’s easy to know that your air conditioning is not working, but how can you know what has caused the problem and what you need to do about fixing it? These are the most likely culprits of the problem and an idea of how you or we can fix them and get your AC up and running again.
- The air conditioning won’t turn on. This means that the system is not getting any power. It may seem obvious but the first thing that you should do is check to to make sure that you have not tripped a breaker. You can reset the breaker yourself by flipping the switch, but if the breaker trips again shortly, you will need to call a service repairman for assistance. If the problem is not the breaker, it could be faulty wiring or an overheated AC. An overheated AC will often shut itself down as a safety feature. Although it may come back on when it cools off, this is not a long term fix, and you should still call a technician to diagnose the original problem so that it does not continue to overheat.
- The air conditioner’s fan belt is worn out or about to break. That squealing sound you hear is likely the fan belt, and this is a sign that it is wearing out. If the belt breaks before a repair is completed, the job will become significantly more expensive and time consuming. Your AC system will not run with a broken belt and it will have to be fixed.
- Your system has a refrigerant leak. If your air conditioning is making a hissing sound, then it is likely that the refrigerant is leaking. This is an environmental hazard, and it will keep your system from supplying you with the coolest air possible. Our technicians will stop the leak and recharge your system so everything is back in good working order.
Charlie from Mullins Plumbing arrived on time and was extremely knowledgeable and professional. Even took the time to show me what failed and recommended a new water heater and went through the process of basic preventive maintenance to help ensure a long life. I would use them anytime. 👍
Chris Harrell⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Google Review
- You have a frozen evaporator coil. Many things can cause a frozen evaporator coil, including low refrigerant level, constant operation, and poor circulation. This will cause your air conditioning to blow warm air. Turn off your system and contact a professional for proper diagnosis and repair.
- The fan motor isn’t coming on. WIthout the fan operating correctly, air will not circulate. Sometimes an HVAC tech can repair an AC motor, but oftentimes a replacement is needed.
- The compressor is defective. If the unit comes on and the fan runs, but the air doesn’t feel cool, this is likely an issue with your compressor. Because the compressor is a very expensive part of an AC system, you may want to explore a replacement option.
- The condensate drain has become clogged. The condensate drain often becomes clogged due to a build up of mold, dirt or insects. Over time this can lead to leaks and even water damage. Our professionals can flush the line to clear the problem or replace it if damage has already occurred.
When Should I Replace My Air Conditioner?
If you are trying to decide whether you should repair or replace your existing AC unit, here are a few things to consider:
How old is your air conditioning system?
A problematic air conditioning system that is more than ten years old will be more expensive to fix and will need to be repaired more and more often to keep running well. At this age, you should replace your existing unit.
Does it provide a good ROI (Return On Investment)?
If you want to know how much a system can help reduce your monthly costs or you aren’t sure what the ROI would be for a new system, one of our expert technicians can help you understand all of the implications of installing a new system including how much maintenance costs and how it will affect your monthly utility bills.
AC Repair in Broken Arrow, OK and Tulsa County
Mullin Plumbing, HVAC, Septic & Electric provides top of the line tune-ups, scheduled maintenance, repairs, replacement and installation of all types of air conditioning systems. Visit us online and get an estimate or schedule service today!