Mullin Plumbing Oklahoma City Specializes in Water Damage Restoration
Not All Water Damage Restoration Specialists Are The Same
When your home or business has been damaged from a leak or flood, a water damage restoration specialist can clean up the mess and get things back to normal. Here is a look at what a Mullin Plumbing Oklahoma City water damage restoration specialist does.
- Inspect the Area and Assess Damage: Firstly, a Restoration Specialist will inspect your property and assess the amount of water and any mold damage. This lets the team formulate a plan of the appropriate scope, timeframe and budget to get the job done.
- Repair the Damages: The specialist will identify what the initial root cause of the problem was and make repairs if necessary so the situation does not occur again in the future. If the problem was weather related or came from another outside factor, we will see what we can do to reinforce these areas.
- Removal of Standing Water, Drying and Dehumidification: Specialized equipment is used to extract any standing water, and then dehumidifiers and air movers will guarantee the property is completely dry before moving onto the next step.
- Clean and Sanitize: Any areas not completely replaced will be deodorized and cleaned. This is to remove odors and keep mold from growing. Any area that cannot be restored will be removed accordingly.
- Restoration: For a restoration to be successful, the property must be back to its original working condition. So, the final step includes items such as structural damage repairs and replacing things like drywall, flooring and carpeting.
Why Does Water Damage Happen?
Anytime water is allowed to sit on a surface not meant to contain it (such as a pipe or basin) damage can happen. Most commonly, water damage happens due to:
- Flooding From Severe Weather
- Natural Disasters
- Storm Drain Backup
- Faulty Plumbing Frozen / Burst / Broken Pipes
- Leaking Water Heaters
- Leaky Roofs
- Leaking Foundations
- HVAC Issues Leaks From Appliances
- Sump Pump Failure
- Sewage Backups
- Toilet & Sink Overflows
How Much Does Water Damage Restoration Cost
Most homeowner’s insurance policies will cover some water damage restoration costs, so check your policy to help determine how much you may pay for these services. Each restoration project is different and the cost depends on several factors. Some factors that will determine the cost of water damage restoration are:
- The size of the area damaged by water.
- The amount of visible cosmetic damage to the area.
- Labor necessary to restore the area.
- The condition of the water (clean or contaminated).
- How hard it is to extract any present water.
- Difficulty of drying the structure.
- Any replacement materials needed.
- If mold or bacteria has already developed.