Local Professional Water Heater Repair & Replacement Company
How Long Should a Hot Water Heater Last?
There are many different makes and models of hot water heaters and their life span expectancy can vary.
Depending on the exact model that you have, you can expect it to last for about 11 to 20 years.
However, if you are unsure whether or not your water heater needs to be replaced, give us a call and one of our licensed technicians can take a look and let you know if it is time to invest in a newer model.
Signs You Might Need Your Hot Water Heater Replaced
- Rusty water: This could signal that the inside of the tank is rusty, which may result in leaks.
- Rumbling noises: Over time, sediment at the bottom of the tank begins to harden and this can cause a rumbling sound when the water is being heated.
- Leaks: If there are pools of water surrounding the tank, there may be a leak or fracture in the tank.
- Water isn’t getting hot: The sediment that builds up at the bottom of the tank can cause the water heater to take longer to generate hot water and can also take up space.
- Not enough hot water: The gas pilot light might need to be inspected.
- No hot water at all: The gas valve needs to be replaced.
- Water that smells: Improper water flow can lead to stagnant levels in the tank.
- A noisy water heater: Knocking could be air in the tank, valves and or something wrong down the line.
Hot Water Heater Installation
If your water heater is no longer working effectively or has broken completely, contact Mullin Plumbing Oklahoma City to have a new hot water heater installed. We can guarantee that your new system is within the parameters of new federal energy standards ensuring your new model heats more efficiently.
Having a new water heater installed can be a big decision and sometimes it comes unexpectedly. Whether you’re interested in a tankless water heater, want to stick with a traditional system, or don’t fully understand the pros and cons of either option, the experienced and knowledgeable plumbers at Mullin Plumbing Oklahoma City can answer any questions you may have and provide any guidance you need.
There are three main types of water heaters that you will have to choose from:
- Conventional Water Heater: A large tank stores water and it is heated by electric or gas energy. If you choose to upgrade to a high-efficiency model, you can expect water heating bills to go down by up to seven percent.
- Tankless Water Heater: Water is heated instantly and as needed. As a result, this will give you the convenience of unlimited and instant hot water. This type of system can reduce energy bills by up to thirty five percent.
- Hybrid Water Heater: This system is a combination of a conventional tank but also uses a heat pump. The system also makes use of your existing water and electrical connections. A hybrid system may reduce water heating costs by as much as sixty percent.
Benefits Of Tankless Water Heaters
- Hot water on demand
- Reduce energy costs by as much as 35%
- Fast and reliable diagnosis of any problem.
- Saves space
- Longer life expectancy
- Only operates when generating hot water, making them safer
If you are not sure what type of hot water heating system would work best for your home, our knowledgeable experts can help you decide.