Furnace Maintenance in Broken Arrow
Top Furnace Maintenance and Heating Tune-Ups
Furnace maintenance should be done at least once a year. Although it is best practice to do it twice a year, both in the spring and the fall. Just like your car requires regular maintenance, so does your home heating system. By keeping up with your furnace maintenance you can avoid major service issues, decreased energy expenses, in addition to more efficient air flow. If your heating system is still under warranty, then you are required to have your heating repaired, in order to keep the warranty valid.
Our Heating Maintenance Check Includes The Following:
- Electrical connections
- Gas line
- Condensate drain clogs
- Heat exchangers
- Safety controls
How Furnace Tune-Ups May Extend Your Furnace’s Life Expectancy:
A furnace that’s working properly is the key to low energy bills and avoiding untimely breakdowns. Mullin provides full-service HVAC system inspection, cleaning, repair and maintenance services designed to keep your system running smoothly year-round. We recommend scheduling an annual furnace maintenance appointment prior to Winter. During the appointment, your Mullin technician will audit your furnace for age, repair frequency, energy efficiency and overall comfort. These considerations include:
- Safety – Is your furnace in need of any safety-based repairs?
- Age – If your furnace is well over a decade old, it could be time to replace it.
- Repair frequency – Does your system need repair? How frequently has it required repair in the past? Is a looming repair close to half the cost of a new system?
- Energy efficiency – How efficient is your unit? Every year, more efficient furnaces come onto the market.
- Comfort – Uneven temperatures, trouble keeping up with demand, and chilly air exiting supply registers can be frustrating, and can also be signs of larger problems like high energy bills and the need for a major repair.
- Cost – Get a quote for the cost of the repair and a quote for the cost of replacement, including installation charges, to make an accurate comparison.
- Inspection of all furnace components. Inspecting and cleaning your furnace’s gas burners. Our techs will also examine your heat exchanger for cracks. These cracks can result in hazardous carbon monoxide leaks or a fire.
- Professional cleaning. Observing airflow and blower operation to ensure your furnace is running correctly.
- Adjustment of controls. Checking the gas valve. This makes sure the precise fuel supply pressure is sent to the furnace, allowing it to work safely.
- A complete safety check. Examining electrical-powered parts for damage or corrosion.
- Have an older furnace? We can look at the pilot light too.
Need A New Furnace?
What to Consider When Choosing a Furnace Replacement. There are a couple of things you need to think about when choosing a furnace replacement:
Your geographic location – If you rely more on heating than on air conditioning because you live in a cold geographic location, it’s especially worthwhile to invest in a high-efficiency furnace replacement.
Your existing system – It’s important to consider existing systems in your home as well as your future plans. For example, if you’re interested in adding air conditioning, a heat pump might be a better choice than a furnace, depending on your climate. And if your home doesn’t have ductwork, a boiler could prove to be the most economical option.
Benefits of an Energy Efficient Furnace Replacement
New furnaces from Mullin Mullin Heating and Air Conditioning are energy efficient. Some of the high-efficiency furnaces feature quiet, variable-speed design. By running at various speeds, the furnace adjusts the heat flow throughout your home. This enhances comfort while potentially using less energy and optimizing indoor air quality. When appropriately maintained with periodic tune-ups, an efficient furnace may work longer and reduce the need for pricey trip charges.
Why Installing An Energy Efficient Furnace Is Good:
Provide energy savings – By upgrading from an older mediocre-efficiency furnace to a new high-efficiency model, you can expect immediate and profound savings on your monthly utility bills all season long.
Improve total home comfort – The features that make a furnace highly efficient also allow it to perform better and keep you and your family more comfortable. Expect even temperatures from room to room and fewer drafts that diminish your comfort level.
Contribute to the protection of the environment – While keeping your home comfortable, an energy-efficient furnace replacement uses less natural gas and releases fewer emissions that negatively impact the environment.
my mother has always used Mullins, about 3 winters ago my mother had them come out for a clogged drain and they blessed her and my family…there was no heat at the time and it was freezing the worker gave them Mullins jackets and beanies and later came back after work and delivered 4 space heaters and big soft warm blankets. they have no idea how much that helped them. agian thank u for not only amazing service but for helping when u can in your community
Catherin Avery (Catie)⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Google Review
Why Mullin Heating and Air Conditioning Is Your Reputable Heating System Installment Specialist:
A routine furnace installation will only take about a day and can be scheduled with your Mullin advisor. We at Mullin will work with your schedule. We come prepared to service your home safely. For any furnace installation, repair, replacement or upgrade we will use drop cloths and shoe covers to protect your carpet and wood floors. In addition, any and all debris we create while doing the job will be removed promptly. After setup our technicians will perform a final heating system check-up.
After a furnace installation is complete we go back and double check our work to ensure everything is working efficiently. Our technician will ensure that each room in your home is at the comfort level you desire. We will walk you through your new system, explaining any furnace maintenance and recommended furnace tune-up schedules and answering any questions you may have. We will continue to follow up in the coming weeks in order to make sure you’re thrilled with your new furnace system.
Our Furnace Tune-Up Checklist
- Our certified technicians first check and adjust the thermostat.
- Check all voltage to the heating unit.
- Check and make sure both inside and outside units turn on.
- Replace clogged air filter or clean if you have a reusable air filter.
- Check the bearings of the blower motor and lubricate if needed.
- We will check all the electric heaters with the amp probe and voltage during the heating tune-up.
- Check and lubricate condenser motor bearings.
- Take ampere readings of condenser motor.
- Check refrigerant levels (FREON).
- Perform a visual inspection to search for oil and refrigerant leaks.
- Take ampere readings on compressor.
- Check the compressor crankcase heater.
- Check and replace the blower belt if needed.
- Look over belt tension and adjust if needed.
- Check the evaporator coil to see if it needs to be pressure washed.
- Check amperage readings on all motors.
- Look over functionality of all defrost controls.
- Check operation of reversing valve.
- Check the temperature of the coil.
- Examine condensate drain pan and advise if there are any issues.
- Clean out drain line using high-pressure CO2.
- Visually inspect ductwork for air leakage.
- Check overall operation of heat pump system.
Schedule Your Furnace Maintenance with Mullin Heating and Air Conditioning
No matter what kind of heater your home has, it needs heating maintenance to operate reliably. Mullin offers comprehensive annual maintenance plans to help you avoid costly and frustrating heater breakdowns. We do this by looking for small problems that often turn into large ones. Best of all, we offer different tiers of annual maintenance plans to fit all budgets and needs.
If you’re facing emergency heater issues, we’re ready to take your call 24/7. Many of our locations offer emergency heating services when HVAC system failures happen on nights, weekends, and holidays. We place integrity and customer service above everything else and back our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. There’s nothing more frustrating than waiting around all day for a technician to show up. So, when we make an appointment with you, we’ll show up when you expect us to. If we are late for any reason, we’ll pay you back for your time!
Furnace Maintenance Near Me in Broken Arrow
We offer furnace maintenance, repairs and installations as well as complete HVAC upgrades. Our team is available 24/hours a day and ready to help with your heating and cooling needs. So, whether you need a new heating unit, a replacement unit or even just furnace maintenance and tune up services, we are just a phone call away!