Why Does Air Conditioner Maintenance Matter?
Seasonal air conditioner service is crucial if you want to get the most of your unit. Just like a car, your AC needs a tune up every so often to keep running at it’s best level. Having proper AC maintenance will guarantee your home stays cool all the way through summer. Here are just a few of the benefits of good AC maintenance:
- Fewer Emergency Repairs: Although you will never be able to prevent every problem before it happens, having good regular maintenance for your air conditioner will prevent it from having as many breakdowns because problems will be caught in their earliest stages.
- Improved Efficiency: Having regular AC maintenance means that your system will be running at it’s very best all of the time.
- Longer HVAC Lifespan: The better the maintenance is, the longer your air conditioner will last. If you take into account the price of installing a new HVAC unit, you will want to make sure your current unit lasts as long as possible.
- Healthier Air: Clean filters and clean coils will mean cleaner air for your whole home. If you don’t maintain proper air conditioner service, it quickly becomes home to mold and bacteria.
- Lower Utility Bills: With regular maintenance comes better efficiency. Better efficiency means you use less power and therefore pay lower utility bills.
What is Seasonal Air Conditioner Service?
The air conditioner is a powerful and important home appliance. In summer months, it may be used for days continuously. This definitely puts some stress on the AC, and with enough stress, any machine can break down. In order to prevent a breakdown of your HVAC equipment you will need to have it serviced regularly. If you need air conditioner service in Broken Arrow, OK., Mullin Plumbing, HVAC, Septic & Electric is available 24 hours a day!
Regular Professional HVAC Check-Ups
For a regular professional AC check-up a certified HVAC technician will make a visit to your home to inspect your HVAC unit and make sure it is operating correctly. Most HVAC check-ups include but are not limited to:
- Checking the fan to see it is working correctly
- Cleaning the coils
- Checking and changing the air filter
- Cleaning drain lines
- Checking the level of the refrigerant
- Checking the heat exchanger for leaks
This kind of check-up should be part of your yearly regularly scheduled home maintenance. It will go a long way to preventing any unnecessary breakdowns or unexpected maintenance issues that can cost you a lot of money.
Caring for Your AC Unit
Between your regularly scheduled air conditioner service and maintenance, there are things that you can do to keep your air conditioner working at it’s best.
Air Conditioner Service to Clean the Heat Pump or Condenser
When the outdoor components of your AC system become soiled the system has to work a lot harder to put out the same amount of cool air that you are used to. That puts unnecessary wear and tear on the AC.
Start by making sure you have cleared away any trash or other debris from the top and around the unit. Pay special attention to make sure that the unit is sitting level on the ground. If it is not, there could be a risk of the components breaking. Use a garden hose to clean and clear away any dirt that is lodged in the fins.
Check the AC Filter
Dirty filters are one of the most common reasons that an AC is not running well. Air filters should be cleaned or replaced every three months or so. If you notice that it is dirtier than it should be, you may want to have your AC checked out by a professional.
Buy a Smart AC Controller
Upgrading to a smart HVAC system has the added benefit of helping you with regular maintenance issues. This may include things like a notification when your filters need changed or a thermostat that can detect when the AC is not working correctly.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in Broken Arrow, OK
If you need to schedule air conditioner service in Broken Arrow, OK., visit Mullininc.com now!