There’s nothing worse than being in the middle of a cold front or a winter storm and having a pipe burst or your heating systems stop working properly. The people of Tulsa and the surrounding communities are no strangers to cold weather and, with the cold weather, there can be some problems with your water heaters, HVAC system, or your pipes.
At Mullin Inc, we want to shine a light on the complications that a cold front can bring to your home or business and how to deal with these problems by offering professional solutions so you can stay warm during the cold season.
Before we mention some of the problems, here are some solutions that Mullin offers backed by decades of experience and satisfied customers in the Tulsa area.
Piping Problems With Freezing Temperatures
If your pipes and water lines are not well insulated, you can run into the problem of having frozen water stuck inside of them. The best-case scenario would be to have that water freeze until temperatures rise and the water would start running normally. However, more often than not, the frozen water inside the pipes tends to expand, bursting the pipes in many cases.
Most people don’t realize the problem right away since the water is still frozen and it could take a couple of days until you find out that there’s a leak.
If there’s an issue with your pipes or you have a leak due to freezing temperatures, you can contact Mulling Inc to assist you. We are available 24/7 in case an emergency happens late at night or early in the morning.
Common reasons for pipes to burst due to cold weather:
- Insulation — Lack of insulation on your walls or having old insulation that was installed decades ago can mean bad news for your pipes. Making sure that your pipes are well protected from extreme temperatures is important to avoid problems in the future.
- Old Pipes — Some older buildings can have outdated pipe systems and lines that have grown weaker with time and usage (aside from the constant beating of the temperature changes) and these pipes are more susceptible to bursting when a cold front hits. While replacing entire pipelines inside a home or a business is not a cheap solution, in the long run, it can prove to be the better option to avoid the expensive repairs from water leakage which can run up to tens of thousands of dollars in repairs.
- Water Draining — Not every pipe in a home or business is or has to be insulated. Pipelines like the ones for your yard or exterior connections are often too exposed to even consider leaving them running. Make sure you are draining these lines before winter hits and double-check them before a cold front or storm to avoid any damage.
If you are having problems with your pipes, please contact the experts at Mullin Inc to provide you the solutions and services you need!
Heating System Failures During a Cold Front
Like we mentioned earlier, the last thing we want during a cold front is for our heating systems to fail during the time that we need them the most. Something as small as not having a working water heater when going through the colder months of the year can be a big inconvenience and, for some, a disruptive event.
Furnaces and water heaters are expensive equipment that can last from 10 to 15 years if the right maintenance is done regularly. Scheduling maintenance from the experts at Mullin can save you a lot of money in the long run.
How Can Cold Weather Affect Your Heating Systems?
When the cold weather hits, you want to make sure that your home or business stays warm to keep everyone happy. The colder the temperature is outside, the harder your HVAC system has to work. While this is not an uncommon occurrence, a poorly-maintained heating system can stop working properly or stop altogether.
What Mullin Inc can do for your furnace and water heater:
- Repairs — if you feel your furnace or water heater is not working properly, a damage assessment (and repair if needed) can help it run smoothly.
- Maintenance — when you get the required maintenance, it will help your heating systems work the way they are intended to and can also help you save money. Doing maintenance at least once a year can also provide some information to our technicians letting them know if there are any potential problems that can be addressed before they create any damage to the units.
- Installation — there are moments when replacing your entire furnace or the water heater is better than repairing it. We will let you know if your systems are getting close to their expiration date and need to be replaced.
At Mullin Inc, we strive to provide the best services for heating and cooling, plumbing, remodeling, and more in Tulsa and the surrounding communities. We have more than four decades of experience and a myriad of happy customers to prove that our services are second to none!
If you wish to know more about the detailed list of services we can provide to keep your heating systems running smoothly, you can click the button below to read our heating tune-up checklist or you can contact our team of experts today for a consultation.