When a pipe bursts inside your home it is a problem you simply can not ignore. Damage will amass quickly and time is of the essence. This is when you need a great 24 Hour Plumber who can fix your problem quickly and prevent further damage.
What are the Most Common Plumbing Emergencies?
Aside from burst pipes, there are many other issues that can require you to call an emergency plumber. Some of those situations include:
- Backed Up Drainage System
- Burst Toilet
- Broken Hot Water Heater
- Sump Pump Malfunction
Is a Blocked Sink an Emergency?
Most blocked sink issues will start as a minor problem. You might notice a bit of a gurgling or a bubbling sound. Perhaps the sink drains slowly, but it isn’t clogged completely. This is the time to make an appointment with a plumber, before the problem gets worse.
If you find that your sink is stopped up completely or won’t drain at all, you need to call an emergency plumber.
Do Plumbers Work All Night?
It is best to schedule plumbing maintenance before you have a problem. However, no matter how well you keep up with plumbing maintenance, emergencies happen. When emergencies occur, there are 24 Hour Plumbers available who can help you. If you need a 24 Hour Plumber, call Mullin Plumbing, Inc. at (539) 766-8166.
Are 24 Hour Plumbers More Expensive?
The amount that you end up paying when you have an emergency plumbing situation is based on the kind of problem you have. You will be billed for the plumber’s labor as well as the parts needed. These aspects vary from situation to situation.
What to Do if You Have a Plumbing Emergency
Having water running into places it shouldn’t or no way to use your sink or toilet can cause you to feel panicked. The best thing you can do is stay calm. Here are a few steps you can take after you have contacted a 24 Hour Plumber to help reduce property damage and maybe even slow down the problem.
- Find the water source and turn it off. This may be as simple as turning off a faucet, or you may need to use the knob behind your toilet or even find the valve on the water supply line. It’s important that you do this as quickly as possible because stopping the flow of water is one of the biggest ways to minimize damage to your home.
- Turn off your water heater. Anytime there is a major water emergency, you run a risk of it affecting your water heater. To prevent this problem, first shut off the gas to your water heater (if necessary) and then switch off the power supply to the water heater.
- Focus on problems you can handle yourself. If you keep plumber’s tape, you may be able to place some over smaller leaks. You can place buckets under some leaks, or place a towel beneath them (or perhaps wrapped around a pipe), to help prevent further water damage until an emergency plumber can arrive.
- Open drains and spigots. If you have any spigots outside your home such as a garden hose, it is a good idea to open and drain these to move as much water away from your home as possible.
- Listen to the advice of professionals. If a licensed professional tells you that a situation is not safe, it is very important that you heed their advice and stay clear of the problem area until it is fixed.
How Long Does It Take for a 24-Hour Plumber?
If you are having a plumbing emergency and are in need of a 24 Hour Plumber, Mullin Plumbing, Inc. in Broken Arrow, OK. can help! Call (918) 209-3133 or fill out the contact form online here and they will get an expert plumber out to help you as soon as possible.