Plumbing problems are the worst. You do not realize just how much you rely on plumbing until you start having issues. There’s no greater feeling of helplessness than being unable to utilize your bathroom or cooking area in the comfort of your home. Fortunately, you can call people who can fix these problems! Mullin Plumbing, Inc. offers a range of plumbing services around Broken Arrow, OK. We’re here to help you with any plumbing problem that may arise, from obstructed drains to leaking pipes and more. Let’s take a look at a few of the most common plumbing-related issues and why you ought to call Mullin Plumbing, Inc. in Broken Arrow, OK if anything goes wrong.
Common Plumbing Issues
- Obstructed Drains – Clogged drain pipes are another common plumbing-related issue. They can be caused by a buildup of debris, such as hair and soap residue, in the pipes. If a clog is not removed it can cause water damage, bad odors, and other serious issues.
- Leaky Faucets or Pipes – Leaking faucets are among the most common types of plumbing issues property owners experience. They might cause water wastage and damage to the structure of your house if not dealt with immediately.
- Low Water Pressure – Low water pressure in one area of your house can be triggered by a variety of problems, including leaks or blockages in your pipes. If all of your faucets are affected, however, there might be a more complicated problem that needs the attention of a knowledgeable plumbing professional.
- A Running Toilet – Your toilet is running constantly. A running toilet is usually the result of worn-out parts like flappers or fill valves that can be easily replaced. However, if you’ve tried to fix your toilet yourself and it still won’t stop running, it might suggest a bigger problem that needs to be addressed by an expert.
- Hot Water Heater Problems – Hot Water Heater issues are among the most recurring problems plumbers need to handle. They can be caused by a range of factors such as sediment build-up, a faulty thermostat, and more. If you need hot water heater repair, you’ll need to reach out to a professional.
What Can Cause Plumbing Problems?
Every homeowner has to handle plumbing issues at some time. Whether it’s clogged drains pipes, broken pipes, or something else, there’s no doubt that most plumbing concerns are extremely frustrating.
Here are six of the most common reasons for plumbing problems:
1. Delaying Plumbing Repairs
Perhaps you have a leak in your bathroom sink. While the leak is little and gradual, it does not appear like a big deal. However, postponing repair work can cause more costly damage in the future. Deal with leaks as soon as possible to avoid expensive repairs later on.
2. Tossing Food Waste in the Drain
You might be tempted to toss food waste down the drain because you have a garbage disposal. The issue with this is that it can obstruct your drains and cause much bigger problems with your plumbing system. Throw all solid food waste in the trash can instead of down the drain to keep your plumbing problem-free.
3. Washing Hair Down the Drain
One of the most common reasons for plumbing system problems is washing hair down the drain. In time, hair can build up inside your pipes and cause a clog, which can result in substantial damage if left unattended.
4. Enabling Dirt to Clog Your Pipes
If you have blocked pipes or drains, dirt could be the culprit. Dirt can easily stop your pipes and drains pipes if you’re not careful. Dirt is frequently caused by allowing trash to go down your drains or putting dirt into your sink or toilet.
5. Using Soap Bars With Fat
People frequently use soap bars when they are washing their hands, however, these soaps consist of fats that might cause clogs in your drain or pipe system. If you notice that you’re having a lot of issues with clogging in your house, think about changing to liquid soap instead of bar soap.
6. Tossing Things in the Toilet
This is such a common mistake that it’s practically laughable. People assume that since they flush their toilet every day, they can toss anything they desire down there with no consequences. This is simply not true!
How Can Common Plumbing Concerns be Prevented?
Plumbing problems are a common occurrence for most house owners, ranging from a small drip in the faucet to considerable sewage backup. However, there are some common plumbing issues that can be avoided with a little maintenance and care.
Preventing issues usually means understanding how they happen and how to avoid them. This can be done by recognizing the root of the problem. For instance, clogged drains pipes are typically caused by grease, hair, and food particles that build up over time. However, you can prevent clogged drains by using drain screens and avoiding pouring grease down the drain.
Know When to Call an Expert Plumber Near Me
If you’re confident in your abilities and have finished this repair work on a similar home appliance before, it’s most likely not going to be that difficult for you to handle. An excellent rule of thumb is to take a look at the problem before you tackle it. Is it something you can fix with the tools and materials you already have? Is there anything that could go wrong? If you’re not confident in your skills, or if there are electrical components involved, it may be best to call a professional plumbing company.
Don’t forget that a good plumber will be able to come out quickly, detect the problem and get it fixed in a timely manner. The peace of mind is often worth the cost of service.
So if you notice something unusual with your plumbing, contact Mullin Plumbing, Inc. We serve Broken Arrow, OK, and surrounding areas and will take care of your issue promptly and effectively. Request service by filling out this quick and easy form.