Outside of appliances, the sink is the centerpiece of a kitchen, and it will play a bigger role in your kitchen remodel since it will likely outlast your appliances by many years. Sinks come in a variety of sizes, shapes, styles and even materials. There are lots of options out there, so you should be able to easily find something that matches your countertops and your decorating style.
When you start your kitchen remodel there are several factors that you should consider when choosing a sink. First decide the shape and material of the sink that you like best for your kitchen. Then decide what is going to work for you in terms of need, size and budget.
To help you consider what might work best for you as well as inspire your own kitchen remodel ideas, here are some of the most popular styles of sinks right now.
These are the most popular style of sinks that are installed during kitchen remodels in the United States. Self-rimming sinks have a rim that is attached to the bowl of the sink and extends over the counter in order to support the weight of the sink. This style of sink comes in almost every shape and material.
A sink made in this style can only be used with solid countertops, which makes it a perfect choice to accompany with granite or marble. An undermount sink is mounted below the countertop during your kitchen remodel, and adds a flush and seamless look.
Apron sinks are a timeless and classic style, making them a great choice for your kitchen remodel. They have a more international appeal, whether that be a hearkening back to the old world when done in porcelain, or a more eastern touch when done in bamboo. You will even find apron sinks made of stainless steel and copper. No matter what material you choose, this style of sink will set your kitchen apart and give it a unique focal point.
Integrated sinks are made from super high quality materials such as quartz or marble. They have clean lines, a modern look and a luxurious feel. The one drawback of these sinks is the high price point.
The prep sink is a must have for the home cooking aficionado. Having a prep sink gives you an extra preparation space and makes food prep and other chores much easier. Prep sinks come in many shapes, sizes and styles and are often found mounted in or on the kitchen island.
Farmhouse sinks are large rectangular sinks built for bigger jobs such as extra large pots and pans. These types of sinks are very utilitarian and give your kitchen a more rustic appearance. You often find farmhouse sinks in mud rooms or second kitchens.
Sink Accessories for Your Kitchen Remodel
When you take on a kitchen remodel, your sink may be front of mind, but don’t forget the accessories. While you are having your sink installed is the perfect time to get all of the upgrades and accessories that you need to make your kitchen your own. Here are some great optional accessories to consider:
- Water Purifier: Get filtered water, free of impurities, straight from your kitchen tap. This is a great accessory to consider when doing your home kitchen remodel.
- Drainboards: This European trend is finding feet in the US. Drainboards are a sloped surface next to your sink and they are perfect for items that you need to airdry. This is a super easy, useful accessory to add into a kitchen remodel.
- Insta Hot Taps: Instant hot water at the touch of your finger-tips. It doesn’t get much more convenient than that!
- Over- Or In-Sink Colanders: A colander designed to go over or sit inside of your sink can really diversify the space and make it super functional beyond just doing a few dishes.
- Faucet Sprayers: Sprayers add another level of convenience and makes doing dishes and other chores quicker and easier.
- Built-In Soap Dispensers: Get rid of sticky bottles that fall over and make a mess. A built-in soap dispenser frees up your hands and prevents messes.
- Garbage Disposals: Everyone wants a garbage disposal, but now they are available in island sinks and sinks not located beside a wall with the use of an air switch.
Kitchen Remodel & Renovation
If you want to get started on your kitchen remodel, you will want to hire the best professionals to help you. Call Mullin Plumbing, Inc. in Broken Arrow, OK. at (918) 209-3133 to schedule a quote now.